Welcome to Adirondack Family Chiropractic, your family Chiropractic office. Thank you for choosing our office for your chiropractic care. We will be working together to help you and your family achieve your health and wellness goals. Our goal is to detect and remove interference to your nervous system caused by misalignment of your spine; this is what we call subluxation.
At Adirondack Family Chiropractic, our goal is simple: to offer the highest quality chiropractic care and education in the North Country. We are committed to helping people achieve their wellness goals and become empowered in their own healthcare. Chiropractic care is a partnership: while we provide the service, your body heals from within. This is a very special relationship between doctor and patient that we value in our office.
We are starting to notice the signs of autumn slowly approaching. As we prepare for the colder weather, here are some tips posted on the American Chiropractic Association website.
Tips to Prevent Back Pain
Please check out this web site, www.acatoday.org, for more great information about chiropractic care for you and your family. We look forward to seeing you soon!
As we head full steam into the "vacation" season let's remember that when we travel long distances our body tends to suffer some ill effects. Some effects can include low back pain, hand and leg numbness, neck pain and headaches. You can minimize these issues with just a few simple modifications.
1) Remember to take a pit stop to walk and stretch when driving long distances. This will promote circulation and blood flow through out the body.
2) Changing your body position while traveling can also lessen any discomfort that may occur. Muscles can become stiff and tight from disuse.
3) Make sure your headrest and lumbar support are adjusted corrrectly for your body. Maintaining the natural spinal curves can prevent pinched nerves from occuring.
4) Balance your posture. Make sure feet, legs and hips have equal weight while driving. Sitting with a hip pivoted to one side may cause muscles to spasm, putting undue stress on various body joints causing pain.
5) Maintain a 4 and 8 o'clock position on the stearing wheel when driving as to avoid any compromise of the nerves coming from the neck to the upper extremities.
Of course your body should be in optimal alignment before and after the trip. Having a chiropractic treatment before and after a vacation can lessen the long term ill effects from long distance traveling. Happy traveling!
Dr. Heather Alden!
She will be seeing patients in Plattsburgh on Mondays starting in June of 2014.
Congrats on the new house!
June 2014- Just to update everyone, we are now available in our Lake Placid office ONLY on Mondays starting this month.
Sorry for any inconvience.
Visit our web page and sign up for our monthly newsletter!
A Job Well Done!
Our good patient, Andrew Weibrecht, stops in to get an adjustment after winning the silver medal in the Super G in Sochi, Russia. He has enjoyed Chiropractic for the past 12 years. Andrew states that Chiropractic care allows him to have better performances and be well balanced.